Monday, March 19, 2007


I like how easy it is to feel accomplished on the Cable Down Raglan (hereafter known as the CDR - ha), especially after the increases are past. You just crank on through those diamond charts one at a time and forget about all that straight stockinette.

I had wanted to start the waist cables at the end of the third diamond, but I've already reached the underarm length for my size...sigh. Maybe I'll have to take it off the needles and try it on.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Drum roll...

The Arwen, she is done.

And now for the ubiquitous blurry in-the-mirror shot:

Please ignore the messy, messy room!

Whew. What to say? Well, I am not happy with the hood seam -- I didn't think my kitchener stitch was that bad, and the cotton is pretty unforgiving -- but overall, she's pretty darn wearable. I would have preferred that the cuffs were a bit tighter (skinny wrists, d'oh!), but it's not a big deal. I am extremely happy with the side seams; it appears my mattress stitch has dramatically improved! Woot!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

loot and other updates

Visited A Mano's sale today! I ended up passing on the really marked down stuff, but just about everything else was on sale, too. So I got some lovely Misti Alpaca laceweight in the Merlot colorway which I am currently planning to use for the Scheherezadestole (it's actually a bit more brown-red than the purple that it appears to be in the picture), some Blue Sky Alpaca Melange for a Ms. Marigold, and some roving from Chameleon Colorworks.

Arwen came off the needles today!

I kitchener stitched the cuffs and the top of the hood. I don't mind kitchener stitching, but I'm not great at it and it took one entire viewing of Napoleon Dynamite to finish that seaming. I now need to get a LOT better at mattress stitching so I can seam the rest of Arwen. Sigh. She's going to be cool (if I do say so myself), but I think that all that seaming will kill me...

I cast on and started up the Cable-Down Raglan:

This picture looks really vague...ah well. I'm looking forward to getting more work done on this one!