Tuesday, March 6, 2007

loot and other updates

Visited A Mano's sale today! I ended up passing on the really marked down stuff, but just about everything else was on sale, too. So I got some lovely Misti Alpaca laceweight in the Merlot colorway which I am currently planning to use for the Scheherezadestole (it's actually a bit more brown-red than the purple that it appears to be in the picture), some Blue Sky Alpaca Melange for a Ms. Marigold, and some roving from Chameleon Colorworks.



Arwen came off the needles today!



I kitchener stitched the cuffs and the top of the hood. I don't mind kitchener stitching, but I'm not great at it and it took one entire viewing of Napoleon Dynamite to finish that seaming. I now need to get a LOT better at mattress stitching so I can seam the rest of Arwen. Sigh. She's going to be cool (if I do say so myself), but I think that all that seaming will kill me...

I cast on and started up the Cable-Down Raglan:

This picture looks really vague...ah well. I'm looking forward to getting more work done on this one!

No comments: