Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A month of little knitting

April was a busy month, so not a whole lot of knitting updates!

The CDR is going very slowly. I don't think I've ever had second sleeve syndrome this bad. It sat for weeks with no sleeves, until it came time for me to take a plane out to Boston for a conference. So here's what I managed in my airplane-phobic terror:


I'll be going back again soon for my brother's graduation, so maybe I'll get to finish this sleeve and get some significant work done on the other...just in time for So Cal summer.

I had the most wonderful time in Boston this weekend. I gave my paper on Friday, so I had plenty of time the rest of the weekend to relax and spend time with my brother and his girlfriend, who generously took me around to see sights! We made a stop at Newbury Yarns on Newbury Street, and it was awesome. It was a small but brightly lit shop, with an awesome and kind owner...we even saw a knitting celebrity! (I won't give the name, but she has something coming up in the Fall Interweave magazine...). I got a gorgeous skein of Malabrigo in the Geranio colorway, but I tend to think of it as Red Sox Red...



I think this is going to be one of these.

My next big project is to cast on for Eunny Jang's Venezia sweater from the Winter 2006 Interweave. I must be crazy. I'm only going to do it in two shades (a very dark grey and a very light grey) so that should cut down on the insanity a little bit. I have to admit that it has me so intimidated that I've been afraid to swatch. Hopefully I'll have some time soon to get going on it!

Also, since I got a new ipod for the trip, I recently discovered podcasts. So fun, and perfect for the airplane. I downloaded a ton of episodes of Unwound, which I loved. I like how the podcaster Kellie creates a sense of community by having listener response time on every episode.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more updates this month. Woot!

3 comments:

MiniLaura said...

Hey that cable down sweater is looking cute! I like it.

complainr said...

Thanks. I know you're a cables kind of gal. :>

Sally said...

Wow, I admire you for attempting the Venezia! I remember seeing it for the first time and just laughing, because it just seemed so impossible (to me, anyway). Good luck, I'm sure it will come out great, and I like the colors you chose.