Monday, May 21, 2007

UFO Roundup!

For some reason, I can't keep myself from casting on these days. I have way too many UFOs (unfinished objects) in my apartment! I have never had this problem before. In the past, I have tended to only work on one project at a time, and only when it's finished would I allow myself to cast on for another one. I haven't finished a project in months; I keep looking forward to the promises of the next one.

Let's take stock, shall we?

First, the Betsey Bag from Spin to Knit. It's more or less done. But it needs to be FELTED before I can knit on the bag flap. The yarn for the flap is my very first handspun, I can't wait to work with it. But I don't have a washing machine...and I'm not going to go dump $1.50 of quarters into the coin-op machines. Sigh.

Next, the neverending CDR. I worked on it over two round trips flights from Boston to LA, and now when I think about working on it, I get a little vertigo.

Ah, the pinwheel baby blanket. I bought the yarn for this way back in February, knowing my friend's baby was due in late June. Plenty of time, no? I'm a fast knitter, yes? Well my friends, a pinwheel blanket with DKish weight yarn on size 6 needles takes FOREVER. OMG. And it doesn't help that this skein has become particularly ornery (tangled) in its ending stages...


And here's my 2-color Venezia. She will be a beauty when she's finished. Like, 20 years from now.

The Rusted Root is a great, fast knit, and this is the one I can't put down right now (at the expense of everything else).

And finally, the Scherezade shawl:


A-hahaha. Ha. And this doesn't even count the bumblebee Jaywalker socks that I couldn't find...

2 comments:

TheNeedyMother said...

Ok, my friend. That's, um, alot there. And that baby blanket is looking amazing, but the THOUGHT of tangled yarn makes me crazy. I would rather buy a new skein or pay someone to disentangle the yarn!

TheNeedyMother said...

Oh, and by the way, please come over and use my washer and dryer!