Thursday, February 1, 2007

Cat approved

I was working on the wonderful Kitty Pi pattern a bit today. I've been using up remnants from projects that used feltable wool...so there's some purple Lamb's Pride Bulky from the Cleaves, some lime green Patons wool from the Space Invaders tote, and some KP WOTA from my Hourglass.

Anyway, I put it aside to do a little work on the Cardigan for Arwen when Cat decided to demo my progress on the Pi:





So here's some pictures of my progress on Arwen:





I'm using KP Shine Worsted (cotton/modal), because I wanted something that I could wear year-round in Southern California. But I'd forgotten how weird it is to work with cotton. At first I was freaking out that the cables didn't have enough definition, but I think it's turned out okay. The back is finished; I'm now on the first side of the front. I've never really done short rows before, so the concept kind of threw me for a loop at first. And man, the finishing on this is going to be super tedious. But it's coming along...I find the construction to be pretty engaging (but then, I haven't knit a lot of sweaters/cardis). The cables are really fun, and knitting them makes me feel like my skills are leveling up!

No comments: