Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stuff in progress

WAY too busy lately. They aren't kidding when they said "when it rains, it pours." (Whoever "they" is...)

Anyhow, the Kitty Pi is done, but I haven't been able to get Cat off of it for long enough to go felt it. So I'm sort of reluctant to mess with something that she obviously likes as it is. I am planning an experiment, however: I will set the unfelted Kitty Pi next to my felted tote bag (which she enjoys, too) and see which one she likes better.

I've cast on for a baby blanket. Haven't made a lot of headway on it yet, but it's there and technically doesn't need to be finished until, like, June. Plenty of time. The Red Heart TLC yarn isn't the sexiest yarn in the world, but it is sturdy and remarkably lightweight. And I love my new Boye Needlemaster needles.

I've made some progress on the Jaywalkers, which I hadn't actually touched since I cast them on. My first real sock...I've done a couple pairs of tube socks, but these will be my first "heeled" ones. Hopefully I won't crash and burn on these socks once I get there...The Knitpicks dpns ROCK, and the Lorna's Laces yarn seems almost decadent to work with -- so expensive but so beautiful *sigh*. I love the whimsical Bee Stripe color...

Ah, and the Arwen. I've put the left front cable stitches on a holder and am finishing up the sleeve. I'm not really cranking along on this as fast as I had hoped; maybe I'll finish the left front by this weekend...

No comments: